SRI LAKSHMI NARASIMHA SWAMY TEMPLE, KORUKONDA
It is located at a distance of 60 km from Kakinada,20 Km from Rajhmundry and 110 km from Amalapuram. This is an ancient and historical temple and also a Vyshnava Divya Kshetra. The daily rituals are being performed according to Vyshnava – Vyghanasa Agama Sastra.There are two temples out of which one is Swayambuvu and another is Prathista Deity. The Swayambhuvu is situated in about 120 mts. height having about 615 steps which are very keen and because of this keen formation of the hill the village is named as “Korukonda”.The deity which is a Swayambhuvu appears in a holy place at the top of the hill measuring about 9 inches.
It is really wonder and mankind could not be instate either the deity or any other stone which is about 120 mts. height, the temple which was constructed long long back have got much Silpa Soundaram around it.There are number of Sila – Sasanams appeared in the temple and as well as on the top hill of the temple. The temple was constructed about 700 – 800 years back and the family of Parasara Bhattar were looking the affairs of the temple and the same tradition is still being continued by recognizing the family members as founder trustee.
There is no doubt this is a very good looking place having site seeings through out the hill and steps. The great poet Sri Srinatha in his poetry prayed the God stated, this Korukonda is “Vedadri”. This was supported by Sila – Sasanam which was found at Lakshmaneswaram Village, Narsapur Taluk, W.G.Dt. which related to 1443 A.D.
Recently the Government have proposed to take up developments around this temple noted as a tourism place.
- Sri Swamy Vari Kalyana Mahostavam (Phalguna Suddha Ekadasi) (March).
- Telugu New Years Day (Chaitra Suddha Padyami) (March/April).
- Sri Ramunjula vari Thiru Nakshtram (May).
- Godavari Pushkara Mahostavam (Sravana Masam – Entrance of Guru in Simha Rasi) (July/August once in 12 Years).
- Sri Vyshnava Krishnastami.
- Sarannavarathri Utsavam (Sri Lakshmi Poojalu) ( Asveeja Suddha Padyami) (October).
- Dhanurmasa Rituals ( Margasira Masam) (December).
- Mukkoti Mahostavam (Sudda Ekadasi) (January).
Somany Deluxe Hotels, 3 Star and 5 Star Hotels are available at Rajahmundry, Rajahmundry is 20Km away from Temple.
Sri Lakshmi Narasimha Swamy Temple,
PP.PCO (Post Office)
East Godavari District.
Pin 533 289.